Friday, July 31, 2015

He asked... I said YES!


Mexico Beach - September 6, 2014 - We became ENGAGED!


On September 6, 2014 Lj took me on a surprise trip to Mexico Beach. This trip was to celebrate 4 years of dating. Very romantic. One night while walking on the beach together... hand in hand... we decided to sit down on some old wooden chairs and just take in the beauty of the star filled sky. He told me that he was going to draw something for me in the sand... and for me not to look yet! So... I did the same for him. If I recall correctly... I drew two stick figures... a man and woman holding hands... with a heart between them. (We do this often! ha!)
I tell him my surprise drawing is ready for him to see... so he stands up and walks to my side of the chair, where I had drew my masterpiece... he laughed and kissed me and told me it was beautiful. Then he said, "Okay... my turn. Go look at mine!"
I walk over to his side of the old wooden chair... and look down... in the sand... he had wrote,
 "Will you marry me?"
I spin around to look at him... and he is down on one knee with a box open in his hands with the most beautiful ring I have ever seen in my life... I am speechless and honestly feel as if I could faint at any given moment. I throw my hands over my mouth... he says... "Will you marry me?" I drop to my knees in front of him and hug his face... I start crying.. not realizing that I have yet to agree. He very nervously pulls away from me... and says, "Are you going to say yes or what... because if you say no... I seriously am going to jump in the ocean and just float away!" Haha! He was so nervous... we were both shaking from head to toe. I laughed so hard! Between the tears and huge smile I had across my face... I finally got the "Yes, of course I will marry you" to come out of my mouth! Ha! He put the ring on my finger and we stayed right there in the sand hugging, crying, laughing, and just taking in the moment for a good five minutes. The first person I called that night was my best friend Sherry! She literally screamed in the phone! We told our family the next day! Seriously one of the happiest weekends of my life!
 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment